UKAid, The Department for International Development (DFID)
UKAid, The Department for International Development (DFID) leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. DFID has committed to reducing maternal mortality, improving maternal health and combating HIV and AIDS, malaria and other diseases in developing countries as part of the Millennium Development Goals, a series of targets agreed at the United Nations in 2000. Three of these goals are about improving health by 2015.
- DFID works with governments and health organisations to improve healthcare systems in the poorest countries, including supporting the development of drugs and vaccines.
- DFID works to make it easier for poor people to get access to and use healthcare services when they need them.
- DFID is improving health services to prevent and treat non-communicable diseases, including heart disease, cancers, diabetes and mental health problems.
- DFID funds research to solve global health problems that threaten the lives of millions of people around the world.
Cardno Emerging Markets Ltd (lead)
Cardno Emerging Markets has over 90 years of collective experience providing specialised professional services to development programmes. We challenge the causes of poverty to improve the physical, economic and social infrastructure that underpins communities. With a presence in Kenya for more than 20 years, for this programme Cardno brings:
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to M4P principles and their application to the social sectors, including health, and a sound record of results management for research uptake;
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the complexities, opportunities and challenges facing institutions (and their people) within the private health sector;
- Strategies borne from successful implementation of M4P flagship programmes in new sectors;
- Practical experience in designing and implementing effective and sustainable quality health programmes in both the public and private sector environments;
- Recognised credentials in action research, research to action, and the knowledge to policy loop
To learn more about Cardno’s experience implementing other Health Programmes click here
Mannion Daniels Ltd
Mannion Daniels Ltd is an international public health and social care consultancy group specialising in the provision of technical expertise to a diverse range of clients. The core focus of our work is the promotion of equitable and sustainable services by engaging policy makers, donor agencies and communities in effective dialogue. MannionDaniels works in collaboration with key stakeholders to provide innovative and proactive solutions in the fields of health and social care.
MannionDaniels has developed strong competencies in the following areas:
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Aid Effectiveness
- Designing and evaluating health and social sector programmes
- Governance, Leadership and Management
- Fragile and conflict affected states
- Health sector coordination
- Designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks
Cross cutting competencies which are integrated into all our projects are:
- Quality assurance
- Ensuring cost efficiency
- Delivering Results
- Conflict sensitive programme planning
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
Mannion Daniels has company offices located in the UK and Kenya.
Insight Health Advisors
Insight Health Advisors is a Kenyan-owned health management consulting firm with extensive experience in working with the public and private health sectors throughout Africa. The IHA team has international and regional expertise in healthcare policy, management, and financing cutting across the public and private sectors. IHA’s international and regional staff bring important skills to research and analysis to inform policy and public-private partnership strategies; extensive experience in policy formulation and implementation creating an enabling environment for the private health sector; know-how in building public capacity and health systems to govern and partner with the private sector as well as strengthening private sector through strengthening professional associations, and; skills in scoping, designing and negotiating a diverse range of PPPs in health. IHA works with a diverse range of clients including DFID, IFC, KfW, USAID, and the World Bank.
Oxford Policy Management (OPM)
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is an international development consulting firm that helps policymakers design and implement sustainable solutions for reducing social and economic disadvantage in low- and middle-income countries. With nearly 120 staff, OPM is based in Oxford, UK, with offices in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan and South Africa.
The firm has expertise to develop effective and sustainable solutions for the care and protection of vulnerable and socially excluded groups. The firm mainly works in the following areas health, education and social services, with a strong focus on research.